Tier 4 Visa – UK Students Guideline
Tier 4 of the Points Based System is designed for Students who wish to come to Britain and study at a university in the UK.
The Tier 4 Student Visa offers overseas students the opportunity to gain recognised qualifications from government approved universities across the UK.
Tier 4 Visa – UK Students Duration
Tier 4 Student visa is granted for the duration of the course that will be studied in the UK.
For courses that are degree level or above the applicant will be able to stay in the UK for up to four years. For a Tier 4 Visa to study any course below degree level the applicant will only be able to stay in the UK for a maximum of three years.
If the applicant requires more time to study in the UK then their Tier 4 UK Student Visa may be extended.
Tier 4 Visa – UK Students Eligibility
Adult students that require to visit the UK to study must meet a number of criteria before their Tier 4 UK Student Visa will be issued.
Potential students will need to:
- Have sufficient funds to pay for the course
- Have sufficient funds that will support their entire stay in the UK
- Have a proven track record in studying before coming to the UK
- Have recognised qualifications equivalent to National Qualification Framework (NQF) in the UK education system
- Produce documents that were used to obtain an offer from the educational institution sponsoring
As well as the above criteria students will need to gain 40 points. The following points will be rewarded;
- Visa letter from a recognised education provider = 30 points
- Have sufficient funds to cover course fees and living costs = 10 points
The visa letter must be from the applicant education provider who is their immigration sponsor.
Under the new UK Student Visa regulations, international students have permission to commence part time work of up to 20 hours per week and full time during holidays. The British Student Visa also gives permission for the student to undertake a work placement as part of their university course.
Our UK Visa and Immigration experts are specialists in dealing with applications for Tier 2 Visas to ensure that the whole process is simple and quick for you.
Candidates who seek a visa can speak to our British immigration experts at the UK Visa and Immigration for help, advice and action.
Click on our UK Visa Assessment form below or speak to us today for FREE on
0800 680 0260.