Tier 1 Visa - Post Study Work
PLEASE NOTE – Due to changes in Immigration legislation this Visa will no longer be available from the 6th April 2012; the information on this page will be updated once information is available.
What are my options Post Degree?
Work experience in England will open doors to a lifetime of career opportunities. The Post Study Work category of the Tier 1 Visa was introduced to allow the most talented non-EEA nationals, graduating from UK universities, to apply for a Work or Business Visa
Here at UK Visa and Immigration we're experts in getting you a Tier 1 Post Study Work Visa. We will manage your application from start to finish, ensuring that it's done right the first time, avoiding costs in re-applying!
What are the Criteria for a Tier 1 Post Study Work Visa?
To apply for a Tier 1 Post Study Work Visa you will not need to have a sponsor. It is solely based on successfully achieving points.
You will need to prove you have sufficient English language skills in one of the following ways:
- You are from a country where English is the main language
- You have successfully completed a Master's degree course which was taught in English
- Or you have passed an English language test that is equal to level C1 of the council of Europe's Common European Framework for Language learning
The following points rewarded for a Tier 1 Post Study Work Visa are as follows -
You will score 20 points if you have been awarded:
- A UK recognised degree at Bachelor's or Post Graduate level; a UK Postgraduate Certificate in Education or a Higher National Diploma (HND) from a Scottish Institution
- You will NOT be awarded points for a Post Graduate Certificate or Post Graduate diploma
Institution = 20 points:
The educational institution must be either:
- A recognised or listed UK institution
- Included on the Tier 4 sponsors register
Immigration status in the UK during period of study = 20 points:
The qualification must have been obtained by the candidate whilst in the UK with one of the following UK immigration status options:
- In possession of a Tier 4 Student Visa
- As a dependent of another main applicant in the UK
Date of award Qualification = 15 points:
You can claim 15 points if your qualification was obtained within 12 months prior to your application for entry clearance under the Tier 1 Post Study Work category.
What we can do for you:
In order to complete your Tier 1 Post Study Work Visa application we'll take care of it in 5 stages:
- A detailed assessment of your circumstances
- Pre-application, where we will ensure that we receive the correct documents to completely strengthen your case
- The completion of your Tier 1 Post Study Work Visa application
- Submission of your Tier 1 Post Study Work Visa application
- Contact you with the confirmation of your Tier 1 Post Study Work Visa
Once in the UK:
- The Tier 1 Post Study Work Visa is solely to allow talented graduates to gain work experience, therefore it is only issued for two years and an extension will not be possible
- The two-year duration in the UK does not count towards the residency requirements for gaining settled status in the UK
- You may be able to transfer to a Tier 2 Visa, which replaces the previous system of UK work permits
Speak to our specialist immigration advisors at UK Visa and Immigration for help, advice and action; our five stage process will enable you to avoid unnecessary expenses and ensure your Tier 1 Post Study Work Visa has the best possible chance of success!
We can help you get a Tier 1 Post Study Work Visa for the UK.