UK Settlement Visa
Would you like to make the UK your permanent home?
If you have lived in the UK legally for a certain duration of time, usually between two and five years you may be able to apply for Settlement in the UK.
Settlement in the UK is also known as Indefinite Leave to Remain or ILR.
Here at UK Visa & Immigration we're experts in getting you UK Settlement. We will manage your application from start to finish, ensuring that it's done right the first time, avoiding costs in re-applying
What are the criteria for UK Settlement?Whether you will be eligible for UK settlement is dependent upon the type of visa that you currently have in the UK.
You must already have settled status in the UK for a Settlement application. With Student Visas excluded, settled status means that the applicant has lived in the UK on another visa for at least four years.
Below are some examples of when settled status can be granted:
- Marriage / Unmarried (De Facto) (after 2 years)
- Ancestry (after 5 years)
- Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) (after 5 years)
- Work Permit (after 5 years)
- EU Nationals and their dependants (after 5 years)
If you have been living in the UK with a Marriage Visa and wish to apply for a UK Settlement Visa you must be able to prove that you are still married and intend on continuing the marriage.
What we can do for you:
In order to complete your UK Settlement application efficiently your immigration matter will be dealt with in five stages:
- A detailed assessment of your personal circumstances
- Pre-application, where we will ensure that we receive the correct documents to strengthen your case
- The completion of your UK Settlement application
- Submission of your UK Settlement application
- Contact you with the confirmation of your UK Settlement application
Once you have UK Settlement:
- If you gain UK Settlement you will have unrestricted entry to the UK
- You will be free to work within the UK with no restrictions
- You will receive a British passport and enjoy the same benefits as the British
- There is no time limit with a UK Settlement Visa; however it is always recommended that if you have Settled status in the UK you should not spend more than two years outside of the United Kingdom
Speak to our specialist immigration advisors at UK Visa and Immigration for help, advice and action; our five stage process will enable you to avoid unnecessary expenses and ensure your UK Settlement application has the best possible chance of success!
We can help you get Settlement in the UK.