If you own a UK based organisation and wish to employ non-EU migrants in the UK you must first be a sponsor for that person and hold a Certificate of Sponsorship.
Did you know:
You could be fined up to £10,000 if you are found to be employing immigrants illegally!
Being one of the UK's leading immigration advisory agencies, with a track record of many successful Sponsorship Licence applications, you can be rest assured your application is in safe hands!
Here at UK Visa & Immigration we're experts in Certificates of Sponsorship. We can ensure you employ workers the legal way! We will manage your application from start to finish, ensuring that it's done right the first time, avoiding costs in re-applying!
What is a Licensed Sponsor?
- A UK Licensed Sponsor is a person or company who is responsible for employing workers from overseas
- The UK Licensed Sponsor must be registered with the Home Office in order to assign Certificates of Sponsorship to applicants under the Tier 2 Employment Visa category
- A Certificate of Sponsorship is not a paper certificate like a work permit. It is a 'virtual document', with a unique reference number which you issue to a migrant so that they can apply for permission to enter the UK if they are overseas, or permission to stay in the UK if they are already here
The employee will need to gain a Tier 2 Work permit in order to come and work in the UK. A Tier 2 Work Permit goes hand in hand with a UK Sponsor Licence. Before the Visa can be approved the employee must first have a sponsor in the UK.
What are the criteria for a UK Sponsorship License?
- The sponsor must ensure ongoing agreement with immigration law
- If a sponsor is found to be issuing a certificate in error the applicants they have sponsored will be given 28 days to leave the UK
- Two years in prison or a fine of £10,000 will be issued if a sponsor is found to be breaching immigration laws
What we can do for you:
In order to complete your UK Sponsorship License application efficiently your immigration matter will be dealt with in five stages:
- A detailed assessment of your personal circumstances
- Pre-application, where we will ensure that we receive the correct documents to strengthen your case
- The completion of your UK Sponsorship License application
- Submission of your UK Sponsorship License application
- Contact you with the confirmation of your UK Sponsorship License application
Once you're in the UK:
A sponsor has many duties that must be adhered to. The UK Border Agency must be informed if any of the following occur:
- If a sponsored migrant does not turn up for their first day of work
- If a sponsored migrant is absent from work for more than 10 consecutive working days without the sponsor's permission
- If the sponsored migrant has resigned or been dismissed
- If the sponsor stops sponsoring a migrant for any reason
- If there are any significant changes in the circumstances of the migrant
- If the sponsor has information that suggests that they are breaching the conditions of their leave
- If you suspect the migrant may be engaging in terrorism or other criminal activity. This information must also be passed to the police
Speak to our specialist immigration advisors at UK Visa and Immigration for help, advice and action; our five stage process will enable you to avoid unnecessary expenses and ensure your UK Sponsorship License application has the best possible chance of success!
We can help you get a UK Sponsorship License.